You might not have time for a full hour at the gym, or you might need to do your workout at home. In either case, HIIT is the answer! HIIT workouts are designed to work in intervals – alternating periods of high intensity with lower intensity and recovery intervals. In this article, we’ll show you how to do a 30 minute HIIT workout with dumbbells and get results like never before! You will target the specific muscle groups to take the most out of the workout.
What is HIIT?
HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, is a form of workout that involves short bursts of extreme moves followed by short spans of rest. HIIT can be done with any type of equipment, but dumbbells are a great option because they offer a lot of versatility.
The key to doing a successful HIIT workout is to push yourself as hard as you can during the active intervals. This means working close to your maximum effort. The rest periods should be long enough to catch your breath and recover before the next active interval begins.
Keep reading to learn how to do a 30 minute hiit workout with dumbbells.
A 60 sec HIIT workout with dumbbells might look something like this:
- Start with a light-weight and do as many reps as you can in a minute
- Rest for a minute
- Increase the weight and do as many reps as you can in a minute
- Rest for a minute
- Repeat the cycle until you reach your desired number of sets
Why use Dumbbells to do a HIIT Workout?
There are many reasons to use dumbbells for a HIIT workout. First, they are relatively inexpensive and can be found at most gyms or sporting goods stores. Second, they are easy to use and don’t require a lot of coordination. Third, they are versatile and can be used for a variety of exercises. Finally, they are effective in helping you burn calories and improve your fitness level while targeting the specific muscle groups.
Jump to section ‘How to do a 30 minute hiit workout with dumbbells?’.
If you’re looking to add a HIIT workout to your fitness routine, dumbbells are a great option. They are relatively inexpensive, easy to use, and effective in helping you burn calories and improve your fitness level.
Benefits of HIIT Workouts
A 30 minute HIIT workout with dumbbells has many benefits;
HIIT workouts are a great way to burn fat and build muscles. These can also help you improve your CV health and overall fitness level.
You save time while getting a full-body workout in a short amount of time. HIIT workouts get your heart rate up and get you sweaty shortly.
Challenge yourself with HIIT workouts as they help you push yourself physically and mentally. You may see how far you can push yourself.
How to Do a 30 Minute HIIT Workout with Dumbbells?
HIIT workouts are typically short – 30 minutes or less – and can be done with or without equipment.
Dumbbells are a great piece of equipment to use for HIIT workouts because they are versatile and can be used for a variety of exercises.
Here is a simple 30 minute HIIT workout with dumbbells that you can do at home:
- Warm up for 5 minutes by doing some light cardio or dynamic stretching.
- For the first interval, do as many reps as possible of an exercise for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat this cycle 6 times. Here are some exercises you can do:
- Dumbbell squat press
- Dumbbell overhead press
- Dumbbell lunge with bicep curl
- Dumbbell row
- For the second interval, do each exercise for 45 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds in between. Repeat this cycle 4 times. Here are some exercises you can do:
- Dumbbell clean and press
- Dumbbell squat to overhead press
- Dumbbell lunges with lateral raise
- Dumbbell rows with tricep kickback
- For the third interval, do each exercise for 60 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds in between. Repeat this cycle 3 times. Here are some exercises you can do:
- Dumbbell thrusters
- Dumbbell push press
- Dumbbell walking lunge with front raise
- Dumbbell renegade row
- Cool down for 5 minutes by doing some light cardio or static stretching.
HIIT workouts are a great way to get in shape, and they can be done with just a few pieces of equipment. All you need for this workout is a set of dumbbells and a timer. This 30 minute HIIT workout with dumbbells will tone your muscles, improve your cardiovascular health, and burn fat. Give it a try and see how you feel!